Tuesday 22 May 2012

A different kinda Sunday

Yes it's no longer the weekend - my apologies for still mentioning it!

As I mentioned in my last post, the bf was away in Auckland Friday-Saturday. And so on Sunday we (well, actually HE) decided we'd go out and about and do something different - it was a lot of fun!

The weather was gorge, people were out and about meandering, and we enjoyed a fresh autumn day.

We walked into town and to the Civic Square
 
The bf wanted to show me an exhibition that some of our colleagues at the university are exhibiting in. It was really cool. Some of it was a bit blah (I don't 'get' it!) but our colleague's work was great fun. 

This was the exhibit the bf wanted me to see. It's called Lean by David Cross, an academic at the university I work for. These are two of a set of four inflatable 'things' and you lean or dive into them! ADULTS TOO! I was a bit scared (they're dark inside and quite claustrophobic!) but I had a coupla goes and they were fun :)


Our 'hood was splendidly sunny!
We had a bite to eat at a Mexican cafe
And he took me to a restaurant we'd never tried before that evening :)
Love this bike!!
It was great to do something different on a Sunday. 
What do you normally do on your Sundays?

7 comments:

  1. Sundays at our place are normally quiet - Saturday we go on adventures and then on Sunday we prep for the week ahead (and I take an afternoon nap!) It looks like you had barrels of fun, though. That adult-size bounce house type exhibit looks incredible, I'm tempted to hop on a plane just to try it out!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go to that exhibition! I haven't been to city gallery FOREVER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a sweet sunday with your bf:)) my different sunday will be just laying at home doing nothing as we always go out and do something, haha....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see that you had a lot of fun together!! My hubby is not that creative...
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pics! and perfect weather for a Sunday! I love to relax and plan for the next week on a sunday!
    Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style-Delights Blog
    And don't forget to enter the Romwe.com INTERNATIONAL Giveaway!
    Enter my giveaway - Free Dress + $50 giftcard for Romwe.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm Mexican - my fave!

    My Sunday's are usually spent lunching, doing the weekly shop, and lately a bit of baking!

    Style by Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. You live in such a beautiful part of the world, I am so jealous! I rarely go to art exhibitions, as you say, some of it is a bit 'blah', but sometimes they are interesting :)!

    On a sunday I usually relax and try to do bloggy stuff! xx

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I READ and LOVE every comment! Please leave your blog address if you would like me to check your blog out :D

Sadie x