Thursday 23 February 2012

Share my journey!

Hello, and thanks for bearing with me as I update you on my last moments in the UK. I'm always sad to say goodbye to my home and my family, especially after spending so long there this time. I'm still missing home right now. Sniff sniff.

Something that lessened the sadness was the panic of fitting a million new beads and crafty bits into my (very generous) luggage allowance of three suitcases! My parents are horrified at how much I compulsively bought! But I couldn't resist as these things are hard to come by in NZ! (That was my justification anyway!)

I managed it (just about!) and had to leave a few things behind (for next time)...

Me and my three suitcases and three pieces of cabin baggage - and the hat I had to wear cos I couldn't pack it! hahaha!

Bye UK!! :(

The journey was eased by a wee upgrade to business class to Hong Kong - so sipping bubbly wine whilst waiting to take off was quite nice :)

Hong Kong - 13 hours in and a quick stop to refuel, strectch my legs and brush my teeth!!

And then eventually I was back at home with tonnes of this to unpack!!

And I have to figure out where to store all of these beads and crafty bits. (This about half of what I brought back!!!!) Yes I am mad. Bead-mad.
Have you ever been away on an extended vacation? How did you find settling back in? :)

8 comments:

  1. The longest Vacation I ever took was when the now Hubby and I went to Vegas to get married. Almost 5 years ago. It was only 9 days but it changed my life... Literally!
    Loving all the beads! Can't wait to see what you make with them. :)
    ~AJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha so much luggage, that's what my unpacking looks like usually!

    xo Gillie

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! How could you have carried all that stuff!! My husband would have killed me!!! Can't wait to see what you will come up with all those beads!!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful pics!!!!!!!!!amazing blog!!!!i'm following you!!!

    Freaky Friday

    Freaky Friday FB FanPage

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey chick! Do you live in Hong Kong now? I bet that's amazing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOLY shit, that's alot of suitcases.. Haha.. Love your blog! :)

    Wanna follow each other with bloglovin?

    Christian
    www.sortegrisen.dk

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow your suitcases are huge! I have a feeling I would need more luggage though I would go sooo crazy spending in the UK there are so many awesome shops over there!
    I love that hat you are wearing too great colour my dear!
    XX Ilana @ My Modern Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  8. The trip back to NZ is SO hard! We really do live on the end of the world. I was totally out of control with my craft stuff before we lived in this apartment, now the space is so small I can't fit much in. Perhaps that's for the best? I think I am like a goldfish - the more space I have the more I will fill it with clothes, shoes, accessories & craft stuff:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I READ and LOVE every comment! Please leave your blog address if you would like me to check your blog out :D

Sadie x