Tuesday 19 July 2011

What I wore: To Brunch

Hello, welcome to hump day! Yay for Wednesdays! On the weekend the bf and I went shopping. His friend is visiting from the Bahamas next week and so we are going on a road trip in the South Island. I needed winter casual clothes as we'll be sightseeing, tramping and snowboarding - and I won't be able to get away with high heels ALL of the time!

It was a partly disappointing trip. Jeans just AREN'T my friend (well, my thighs aren't my friend but that's another story). I ended up buying more of the same style shirts and dresses that I normally wear, but I guess that's because they suit my shape.

I also bought this stripy loose lightweight jumper. And I really like it :)
Jumper, Glassons; Gilet, Tempt; Leggings, Glassons; Boots, Matalan; Handbag, Betsey Johnson


This is one of the latest additions to my Etsy shop and I am obsessed with them!!  (I will post clearer pics below!)
Necklace, Shh By Sadie

Vintage Amber Bead Earrings, Shh By Sadie
Rope bracelets, Shh By Sadie
This is my beloved Betsey Johnson bag. Four years old and still going strong!!

And here are some pics of my new babies <3 They've been going down a treat! I am preparing for my first ever craft fair next month and so have been making plenty of pieces for my stall. I have several other designs which I need to photograph but will share with you in a day or two!!
 
Isn't She Tweet and Papillon Pinky Necklaces
 
One more thing - the lovely Cait at Sailing to Nowhere featured my jewellery in her blog this week - check it out! Thanks Cait :)


How is your week going?

22 comments:

  1. Sadie you look sooo great!!! I love your hair and everything about your outfit! The necklaces are too cute!!!
    xx
    http://dontcallmefashionblogger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - thighs aren't my friend either!!! I wish I was a skinny stick insect sometimes but then I think we should be grateful for what we have! Lol.
    You look so beautiful! I love your hair and all the jewellery that you are wearing! ;) The rope bracelet is my fave!
    Lucky you - are you going skiing?

    xx

    http://aprilialove.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those necklaces are so perfect! And so happy to see a Betsey Johnson bag :)

    Best,
    Danielle
    loveandlookpretty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving those bird necklaces - they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE THE NECKLACES!!!!! You are tempting me to buy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your gilet and the new Isn't SHe Tweet necklaces are great :) thanks for linking to my post and the mention on your fb page :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love ur style <3 easy going yet chic :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sper cute outfit! I think I'm in love with your boots! They go so well with your gilet :)

    xxx,

    Fashion Fractions

    ReplyDelete
  9. really really love this outfit so cute!! the top is amazing and love your necklace!

    http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally sympathize on the jeans thing. I can only buy mine in the US to fit my Kardashian ass! Ha. But your jumper is gorgeous and my gosh....you are SO talented! Those necklaces are beyond gorgeous. Love the little bird detail.Great job Sadie!
    xo
    Sada
    Dressology HQ

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing outfit ! I'm seriously in love with that handbag !

    My Blog - A Pretty Nest

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thighs, shmies. Thighs are hot! I learned to accept mine, if not, it would be a long life. Its funny when I cant get skirts and shorts over them. It makes me laugh. Especially men's Levis! they are not meant for women. I have to get them in really big sizes to get them to fit. haha. I love your outfit! stripes and boots are hot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are so gorgeous! i love this long style, and it is super flattering on you.
    and your necklaces are all so unique and gorgeous. so pretty. off to explore your store...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Sadie! Quite a few tutorials for ragcurls already exist out there so I don't want to make another one...but if you want to try it, this is quite a good tutorial: http://dorisanne.blogspot.com/2011/06/hair-tutorial-rag-tie-curls.html It's super easy to do! Have fun with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh sadie the necklace is so beautiful! i am also slightly in love with your boots <3
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. i think this whole look works on you. that betsey johnson bag is fab and i love the cute necklaces too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My week is going well thanks and that outfit is SO cute, it really doesn't look like you have thigh issues either :) That one necklace is really nice and Betsy Johnson is such a fun brand! Nice post

    xoDale
    Thanks for stopping by too :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. great outfit for brunch
    following you now
    http://www.thedollsfactory.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. honeyyyyy how gorgeous areee you??? beautiful look and oh so fab jacket, this blog is adorable soo happy to have stumbled across through ApriliaLove ;) xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute look! I love that vest!!

    Shasie of Live Life in Style

    ReplyDelete
  21. This post is making me want to wear fur! Unfortunately its super hot where I live.

    www.onechicdame.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I READ and LOVE every comment! Please leave your blog address if you would like me to check your blog out :D

Sadie x