Tuesday 19 April 2011

Katy Perry for OPI and THE pink blazer!

Hooray, I am feeling a lot better today. I didn't sleep well last night at all, so came to work a bit later. When i arrived I had a parcel waiting for me - the Katy Perry for OPI shatter nail varnish I'd ordered on Sunday! Hoorah! I put it on straight away and am impressed with it! I've wanted Minx nails for a little while, but don't know where to get them done here in NZ, so this is the next best thing. Have any of you tried Minx or shatter varnishes?

Here is my first attempt at shatter nail varnish (at work!):

Here are the pics of me wearing the vintage pink pinstripe blazer I told you about on Saturday. I washed and ironed it super quickly so that I could wear it to work and to dinner and the movies with my friend afterwards. 

(We went to see Scream 4 which I actually really enjoyed! I'm not a horror movie fan nowadays but really liked the film and it took me back to when the first ones came out 15 years ago...ahhh!). Has anyone else seen it?? What did you think? It was quite funny, cos when I came back to the house afterwards (the boyfriend is still away !), there was a light on! EEK! But I knew I must've left it on myself that morning so tried not to get too scared about it! Hahaha.

Jacket, thrifted at Recycle Boutique; Dress, Primark, Tights, Primark; Boots, TK Maxx, Watch, Guess.

Bag, Witchery




I wore the jacket with a floral printed tea-dress, thick black tights and black suede heeled working man-style boots. I wanted to keep it toned down a bit more so kept the accessories to a minimum and wore my metallic Witchery bag. Every time I went to the bathroom and saw my huge shoulder pads I had to crack up!! :D

15 comments:

  1. EEEEEK LOVE the big bracelet

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nails are cute. The shoulder pads are AWESOME...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in LOVE with your jacket! Thanks for the comment...following you back! Love your blog.

    And jesus your shoe collection is to die for! I'm going to do a post on mine soon too :)

    Keep in touch, and stay fabulous!

    xoxo
    Natasha
    http://chiccurve.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your nails! I want to try it!
    http://www.fashuhneestah.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the outfit the blazer looks great with the floral dress! love the shattered nail polish! definitely need to try it!

    giveaway on my blog!

    http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/2011/04/giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow have never tried shatter nail varnish is it hard to do? i love love the pink blazer, and the dress you're wearing is beautiful too
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The nails look fierce, they turned out pretty good. Great jacket, what a fab find! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blazzer! (And your blog is lovely!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for your comment! Your blog is amazing :D

    kisses xoxo

    www.stylemesteph.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really intrigued by Minx nails but don't know where to get them where I live, either. I was quite skeptical of the Katy Perry shatter polish, but now that I've seen how fabulous it looks on you, I might be willing to give it a go :) I love that pink blazer, too, and the fact that you paired it with florals is even better- what a statement!
    xox,
    Cee
    PS: I haven't seen Scream 4 yet- I'm not much into horror movies, either, but I have heard good things. It's too funny that you came home to a light on, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the pink blazer!
    xo
    http://www.hourglass-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. yay! i love it, i love it, i love it. that pink blazer is so awesome--i especially love the length of it. nice nails too hun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great blazer! This is a really nice outfit.
    You have a great sense of style :)

    Leah and Georgia ♥

    http://sugarcoatedyouth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. like the blazer!! and the way how you match it with flowery dress :)

    http://alexandriajz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I READ and LOVE every comment! Please leave your blog address if you would like me to check your blog out :D

Sadie x